ArcheAge is getting its largest update since launch today. Titled Heroes Awaken, this update not only brings some server merges but also some controversy as players are losing their tax certificates in the process and the compensation package doesn’t seem… well, “compensating” enough. So, if you had this wonderful piece of virtual property then you can say goodbye to it. In all fairness though, Trion Worlds is in a bad position due to the open world housing nature of ArcheAge and any server merge would probably be difficult to handle. That doesn’t excuse the bad communication though.
Anyway, the patch brings some features such as the ones below:
· Hero system – Up to 9 players per faction are elected as Hero by other players. Heroes are able to don a special cloak, have unique VFX, summon allies to their side and bolster the strength of their realm mates in combat. In major cities, Heroes also have their own council building.
· Enhanced Guild System – Guilds have undergone significant improvements and will now be able to advance through many tiers of progression, unlocking powerful bonuses and abilities, as well as advance through expeditions, a system of events to complete. Guilds will also be able to declare war on opposition guilds and engage in battle anywhere in the world through the Guild Dominion system, including peaceful areas.
· Housing Specializations – Medium and large size houses can now be upgraded to specialize in ArcheAge’s proficiency (crafting) system. Houses will undergo an upgrade to all-new visual models and contain workbenches, special livestock & planting areas, and other bonuses.
· Diamond Shore Reborn – Diamond Shores has undergone a huge update with all-new events. Players will be able to help erect their faction’s fortress to gain a foothold in the zone and repel a deadly dwarven invasion. A new housing areas has become available and the revamped zone will be the battleground for many Hero vs Hero battles.
· A Hero’s Welcome Event – Existing players and returning players will be eligible for amazing rewards through the Hero’s Welcome event including unique titles, rare treasure chests, and the Royal Griffon mount – only the second flying mount that has released in ArcheAge.