SMITE’s new patch, which is expected to deploy tomorrow, will bring a lot of changes and updates, but no new god, something that is a bit of a letdown – Hi-Rez Studio has spoiled us so much that we apparently became angry brats. Anyway, there’s some talk about the impending Medusa, but nothing solid as of yet.
The upcoming patch will bring a few new skins which you can see below: Ravenous Bakasura, Valkyrie Freya, the steampunk-ish Madame Blade Serqet and COG Scylla, which works as a tribute to Cognitive Prime, the winners of the SMITE World Championship 2015. Below the cards there’s a video introducing Madame Blade Serqet.
The patch will also bring a new pricing structure for skins, which applies to non-exclusive skins.
• Tier 1 Skins: 100 Gems or 9500 Favor. Color Change or “Recolor” version of the base model.
• Tier 2 Skins: 250 Gems. Minor model changes and upgrades. Uses the gods original theme and voice pack. Example: Valkyrie Freya
• Tier 3 Skin: 400 Gems. New theme and model changes. May have minor special FX, minor animation changes, and often has a custom voice pack. Example: Blind Vengeance Nemesis.
• Tier 4 Skin: 600 Gems. New theme, model changes, major animation changes, new special FX, and always has a custom voice pack. Example: HeBro He Bo, Elite Agent Apollo.
• Tier 5 Skin: Special limited edition skins, like Archon Thanatos.