Gamigo just announced the open beta date for UFO Online: Fight for Earth, August 23, 2012. This free-to-play online strategy game is all about kicking alien ass pretty much in the same way of the popular X-Com series. The official site is http://ufoonline.gamigo.com/en/.
The open beta will bring these updates:
– Five new story missions continue the story in UFO Online.
– Soldiers are now trained in close-quarters combat should they run out of ammunition.
– Squads will now be automatically accepted for the upcoming operations.
– Colored markings now show how much damage will be caused over a certain distance- you will need to use the “Shoot” button.
– Improved tutorials with more help screens as well as improved displays when you click on the red question mark.