Gaijin Entertainment just announced the start of War Thunder’s open beta test in Europe, North America, and South America. This announcement comes a few weeks after the open beta began in Russia. The team worked in the game for over four years. Here’s the trailer that celebrates the beginning of the War Thunder open beta.
During the closed beta test, more than 600,000 players participated in over 60 million matches, spending millions of hours competing in thrilling and historically accurate World War II battles. Meanwhile, War Thunder received more than a thousand updates, constantly presenting new features and general improvements to make the overall gameplay experience more realistic, exciting, and convenient. As a result, new open beta participants will find War Thunder significantly improved with the latest major update (v.1.25) and upcoming 1.27, which includes:
· Updated interface: All menus, hangar elements, planes, stats, and achievement screens were changed and upgraded with additional data to be more informative and user-friendly.
· Communication functions: General game chat was added, as well as all necessary communication functions such as private channels, friend lists, and blacklists.
· Team play: The long-awaited combat wings formations are now available. Teaming up into groups of 2 or 4 pilots, players will be able to join regular battles together and use team play tactics to bring victory to their brothers in arms.
· Realistic battles: This new third mode of War Thunder’s regular PvP battles includes cockpit view only, no markers on enemy ground targets, a simulator difficulty preset, and specifically designed levels and combat scenarios. With the priceless assistance of the open beta participants, Gaijin will continue to improve War Thunder’s realistic battles to ensure that they satisfy even the most sophisticated virtual pilots.
· New flight models: More than a hundred flight models were completely reworked and fine-tuned. Gaijin has also introduced several new aircraft in the British and German beta technical trees, and added a number of bomb, rocket, and fuel modifications for dozens of planes. A complete list of updates is available in the Change Log section of WarThunder.com.