The Secrets of the Stratus expansion is coming to Blade & Soul in April 12, 2017 and a new producer letter from Game Producer Nico Coutant congratulated the fact that in little over a year after the North American and European releases, over 4 million players have joined the game and played through 13 major game updates. The letter also mentions how future content for Blade & Soul should be more impactful and feature-rich, versus what was done until now when NCsoft was “playinc catchup” to the other regions, with Secrets of the Stratus being the first step in that direction.
The Secrets of the Stratus expansion brings a lot of content indeed, and here is what you can expect:
• Act 7: Find out if you have the courage and strength to stand up to the dastardly Zulia, who kidnapped Jinsoyun for her own nefarious purposes!
• Gunwon City: Explore an expansive new land, including the grand Gunwon City itself.
• Skill Point Revamp: A complete revamp of the skill point allocation system will streamline how you specialize your character’s skills, while keeping the same level of customization depth.
• Three New PvE Areas:
– Naryu Sanctum – Our hardest 6-member Heroic Dungeon released to date. Great rewards such as the new Legendary Bracelet await, but only the adventurous will claim them!
– Celestial Basin – A new open-world area well-suited for solo and casual players. Among other rewards, the new Mystic Badges can be acquired in this area.
– Mushin’s Tower F16-20 – Challenge yourself against Yunsang, and compete for the fastest kill on the new Mushin’s Tower leaderboards.
• The Hongmoon Training Room: A new solo instance that will allow you to practice skill combos and boss attack patterns. This is a must for new and returning players, but existing players will also find it useful to practice their skill rotation.
• New Hongmoon Levels: Continue progressing your character up to Hongmoon Level 20.
• Insta-Level 50 Voucher: A new account service that allows you to create a new character at max level and jump right in the fray!
• Skill balance changes, Legendary items, new pets, cosmetics, quality of life improvements and much, much more!
Plenty of good stuff, and 2017 will bring things such as Act 8 of the story, a new class, level cap increase, new ultimate skills, new dungeons and raids, and more.